Followers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How to Create Ftp In Window XP

Enabling My Network Places to Always Show Up


First, to get FTP in Windows XP,

Activate the “My Network Places” and set it up so that it always appears in the Start Menu.

Right-click on your Start button and then select “Properties” and press “Customize”

Click on the “Advance” tab

Scroll down for the check box next to the “My Network Places” and check it. Then, click OK and OK again at the other window.

“My Network Places” should be in your start menu. (Right as in you put the check in the check box next to “My Network Places”).

Actually setting it up


Open up “My Network Places”. On the left, right under where it says “Network Tasks”, there is an option, “Add a network place”. Click it.

Click “Next”, select “Choose another network location” and click “Next”. Finally, on this page, in the text box labeled as “Internet or network address”, simply type in your ftp address.

For example: ftp://koldfyre.enhacker.com

Then, just click “Next”. Uncheck “Log on anonymously” and then enter your user name and click “Next”.

Type a name for example: “name” and click “Next”.

Click “Finish”.

Now to access this FTP location, you simply need to go to “My Network Places” and then double-click on your FTP folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site created is to share about my knowledge in computer. If not enough information just leave a comment and i try my best to find the information. At least i can improve my knowledge